The LME Group is committed to minimising the likelihood of any person coming to harm whilst at work or as a result of its activities. The Company is also committed to complying with its legal requirements and general duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and accompanying protective legislation.
The Company recognises Occupational Health & Safety as a key corporate responsibility and the Directors and Senior Managers are committed to ensuring that at all levels within the organisation, its activities are managed to eliminate or mitigate consequences arising from potential accidents and incidents.
The Company is committed to continual improvement and promotion of occupational health and safety, so far as is reasonably practicable which ensures the following:
• Prevention of injury and ill health of its employees, visitors, contractors and of any members of the general public that could be affected by its activities.
• Provide adequate facilities for the welfare of its employees.
• Ensures that all necessary precautions are taken in respect of the safe use, handling, storage and transport of materials and substances.
• Provides such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees. Procedures and risk assessments are in place to identify the potential for accident and emergency situations and to prevent or minimise any injury.
• Maintains all places of work, work equipment and transport under its control in a safe condition.
• Provision of relevant information to interested parties.
• Periodic review of this policy statement thereby ensuring that it remains relevant and appropriate.
To achieve this, the Company operates a fully documented Integrated Management System in accordance with the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and provides the framework for the regular setting, reviewing and monitoring of its objectives and targets.